Fri, Aug 09|
Basic Rifle Course
Shooting a long rifle may be fun and addicting, but first things first, we must know how to safely operate one before going to the range on your own.
Time & Location
Aug 09, 2019, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Jericho's Studio, Denver, NC 28080, USA
Basic Rifle Course
This 8 Hour course will introduce beginning trainees to rifle safety and handling. Trainees will learn how to properly load and unload Bolt-action, semi-automatic, lever-action and slide action rifles, firearms safety rules, and the fundamentals of marksmanship. The course will consist of a classroom portion in Jericho's unique facility and a live fire portion in an indoor shooting range. Course curriculum is determined by the National Rifle Association. This is an NRA basic rifle course equivalent.
- No Prerequisite
- Responsible Firearm Ownership
- Safe handling of a firearm
- Range rules and safety
- Fundamentals of rifle shooting
- Proper grip and stance
- Shooting Positions and qualifications
- Administrative handling and rifle cleaning procedures
- Safe loading and unloading of a handgun.
- Students are required to bring their firearm to this course.
- Please wear long comfortable pants with pockets, closed shoes (no flip flops or sandals), T-shirt or button-up shirt (no V-neck shirts).
- Eyes and Ears protection. Can be rented.
- While only 30 rounds are required to qualify for this course, Jericho recommends bringing 60 rounds matching to the rifle you own.
- Classes starting at 8:00am will run until 6:00pm.
- Meals are not included in this session, students are encouraged to bring their own meals. Food delivery will be offered during this session for an additional cost.
- Students seeking an NRA basic rifle certification should register to this course.
- **Safety violations resulted from poor learning attitude will cause a termination of the student from the session. No refunds will be offered. **
Basic Rifle Course$149.99